In the first of many, we have a tutorial on how to use a UV-vis spectrophotometer – we appreciate any suggestions you might have for future tutorials!
Demonstration of how to accurately measure the optical spectra of solutions of nanoparticles using a UV-VIS (UV-Visible) spectrophotometer. In this demo, we use an Agilent 8453 Spectrophotometer and measure a sample of nanoComposix’sNanoXact 10 nm Silver Nanospheres, but the same techniques can be applied to many different instruments and sample types.
- Background of UV-Vis spectrophotometry
- Blanking the instrument
- Measuring your sample
- Other tips & things to watch out for when measuring UV-Vis
More information about UV-Vis measurements and Plasmonic materials can be found through the following links:
- Find our Guidelines for UV-Vis Analysis document under our Handbooks.
- Optical Properties of Silver Nanoparticles
- Optical Properties of Gold Nanoparticles
- Intro to Plasmonic Nanomaterials
- Overview of characterization techniques used for measuring nanomaterials
Thanks for watching! Please contact us with feedback and suggestions of what else you'd like to see from us!